Diamond grinding and polishing should pay attention to […]
Diamond grinding and polishing should pay attention to the following points
(1) This polishing must be carried out under light pressure as much as possible, especially when polishing pre-hardened steel parts and polishing with fine abrasive paste. When polishing with #8000 abrasive paste, the common load is 100~200g/cm2, but it is difficult to maintain the accuracy of this load.
To make this easier, you can make a thin and narrow handle on the strip, such as adding a piece of copper; or cut a part of the strip to make it softer. This helps control the polishing pressure to ensure that the mold surface pressure is not too high.
(2) When using diamond grinding and polishing, not only the working surface is required to be clean, but also the hands of the worker must be carefully cleaned.
(3) The polishing time should not be too long, the shorter the time, the better the effect. If the polishing process is carried out too long, it will cause "orange peel" and "pitting".
(4) In order to obtain a high-quality polishing effect, polishing methods and tools that are prone to heat should be avoided. For example: polishing wheel polishing, the heat generated by the polishing wheel can easily cause "orange peel".
(5) When the polishing process is stopped, it is very important to ensure that the surface of the workpiece is clean and carefully remove all abrasives and lubricants. Then, a layer of mold anti-rust coating should be sprayed on the surface.