A mould is a tool used to make moulded articles. It can […]
A mould is a tool used to make moulded articles. It can be used to make a variety of beautiful crafts, so it is particularly important to increase its life. What are the ways to improve the life of the mould?
1. Choose materials correctly and reasonably.
2. Adopt advanced and reasonable heat treatment technology to improve the heat treatment quality of the mould as much as possible.
3. Design the structure reasonably. The size of the fillet radius, the shape of the end face of the punch, the change in the cone angle of the die, and the cross section of the die will affect the geometry of the life. Large stress concentrations will occur in these parts.
4. Under the premise of guaranteeing the processing quality, use CNC machine tools to improve the accuracy, and be able to process moulds with more complex shapes and structures.
5. Correct and reasonable use, and timely repair and maintenance.
6. The structure of the combined parts, the design of the guide device, and the reasonable selection of the working gap are important factors affecting the life of the mould.
In order to improve the life of the mould, from the perspective of the entire equipment, the choice of materials, process selection, reasonable design, and processing affect the service life of the equipment, pay special attention when using it.
Because the mould has the characteristics of specificity, precision and vulnerability, it is very important to protect the safety of the mould. The following are summarized as follows:
1. Anti-rust: To prevent the rust phenomenon caused by leakage / condensation / rain / handprint of the injection mould.
2. Anti-collision: prevent the mould from colliding due to the ejector pin being broken and not retracted into place.
3. Deburring: To prevent mould burrs caused by cloth wiping, material punching, hand wiping, water nozzle pliers, and knife collision.
4. Missing parts: Prevent the mould from being damaged during the use of the mould due to the lack of parts such as tie rods / washers.
5. Anti-press: prevent the mould from being crushed due to mould clamping due to the product remaining.
6.Under pressure: prevent the mould from being damaged due to the excessive low pressure protection pressure.
Among them, the percentage of mould damage due to broken thimbles, not backed out of thimbles, moulds remaining products, and lack of auxiliary parts, and because they occur more frequently, more than 85% of mould damages are caused by this, and The maintenance cost of the mould is generally high, so how to avoid this situation is directly related to the interests of the injection moulding industry.